Why we are providing this notice to you
Cardiff Council requires your personal data to perform a specific tasks in the public interest that is set out by law.
This notice is therefore designed to give you information about the data we hold about you, how we use it, your rights in relation to it and the safeguards that are in place to protect it.
What personal data we hold and how we obtain it
The types of personal data we process can include, but is not limited to;
- Full name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as address and postcode
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers such as area of work and work interests
How we will use your personal data
We will use your information to aid us in continuing to fulfil our tasks as a Local Authority. This can include the processing of your personal data;
- For internal record keeping
- For feedback purposes and to improve our products and services
- For market research purposes which allow us to customise the website according to your interests
- For marketing purposes and to inform you of any other information we think you may find interesting
As a data subject, you have many rights regarding your personal data. This includes;
- Right of access
- Right to rectification
- Right to erasure
- Right to the withdrawal of consent
- Right to data portability
- Right to the restrict processing
- Right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
Organisations we may share your information with
We only share information with third parties if required to do so by law.
Contacting us / Data Protection Officer
Please contact the Data Protection Officer for further information.
Data Protection Officer
Information Governance Team
You have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time by notifying the Data Protection Officer in writing. However, if you do not give consent, or subsequently withdraw it, the Council may not be able to process the relevant information to make decisions based on it.